Tuesday 31 January 2012

Review - D4 Denman Brush



It was cold December day shortly after Christmas and I was off from work. I decided to log onto twitter to touch base with some of my new followers and to reconnect with others. There were also a few people and organizations that I was interested in following. One of them was Curly Canadians. A Canadian based hair product creator and distributor.  Later that day I received a tweet from them, informing me that I had won a D4 Denman brush from them for becoming their 200th follower. I was so excited, especially since a Denman brush was also on my holiday hair wish list. What a pleasant and generous surprise.

A few days later I got my Denman brush in the mail. While I waited for the brush, I decided to do a little research online to find out how most Curlies were using the brush on 4a-4b hair like mine. Some used it to detangle while others only used it to distribute product through their hair. I decided to do the latter of the two, since I was not interested in unnecessary damage or breakage.
After using my Denman brush for the last month I can truthfully say, that I am extremely impressed with the tool. First of all let me say it does not matter if I’m styling with shea butter, Jane Carter’s Curl Defining Cream or Eco Styler gel, the curl definition is OFF THE HOOK. I was amazed. I didn’t even know my hair could curl like that. The only con is what often comes with defined curls - SHRINKAGE. You really have to decide what works for you.
For me personally I know my Denman will be a part of my styling regime on a regular basis. If I want a more stretched out twist-out, I may just stick with my width tooth comb, but that depends on my vibe that day.
TIP: As with everything else you use on your hair, be gentle and let the brush work for you. Do not tug or pull your hair through the brush. Slowly start from your end and gradually work your way up you’re the section you are working on. See below a video from on youtube. She does a good demo of how you can use the brush that I found helpful. I hope you do too:

I would recommend this product to other Canadian Curlies out there.   
Blessings and Curls,
B-Curlie

No comments:

Post a Comment