Monday 16 January 2012

Protecting your Tress



So we officially have a month and a half of winter to content with. I must say here in Toronto, we cannot really complain about the cold weather we’ve been receiving. Winter has been quite nice to us - so far so good!
That is not to say that protective styling is not important. For those of you who aren’t familiar with this type of styling, it basically means styling your hair in ways that protects it from our harmful environments (cold and dry winter air, blustery winds, and even scorching heat). As you can see, protecting your hair is something that you should really be doing throughout the year, and even more so if you live in a cold climate in the winter.
Many naturals claim that protective styling not only keeps their curls looking lush, but has also helped them retained length. This makes perfect sense to me. If you are not manipulating your hair on a regular basis and keeping it moisturized then one would hope and pray that their curls would be in love and stay around longer.
As you know I love twist outs, well I decided that for at least the first three days of the week, I plan to rock my twists and my beanie. I will be sticking to my deep conditioning bi-weekly.  I have to say one of my favourite Youtubers, is Mahoganyknots, she does amazing protective styles. Check her channel out when you have a chance.





What protective styles will you be rocking or what are your favourites? 

Blessings and Curls,
B-Curlie

No comments:

Post a Comment