Hometown: Halifax, N.S.
First year of curlieness: 1999
Why I went curlie:
The thought of putting toxic chemicals on my hair (and ultimately in my body) became intolerable. Plus, after my 'big chop', I saw how beautiful my curls were, and knew it was the best move I've ever made.
- Terressentials Mud Shampoo - www.terressentials.com or at Big Carrot and Noah’s stores in Toronto.
- Aubrey White Camellia Ultra-Smoothing Conditioner - www.aubrey-organics.com or at Big Carrot and Noah’s stores in Toronto.
- Leave-In Conditioner:
The best part of being curlie for me is:
- Having the pleasure of using only natural, organic and chemical-free products on my hair, which allows me to be very eco-chic.
- Meeting people on a daily basis who tell me they love my hair and the fact that I embrace my curlieness
- NEVER being afraid to go in the water or for a swim! (LOL)
- Being able to share my chemical-free hair journey with other women of colour and offering them support on their own hair journey
- No longer having the fear of having my hair "go back home" every month :)
- Having my hair be an expression of who I am, inside and out!
If you would like to be a Featured Curlie email me at email@example.com and show off your spectacular curls!