Monday 10 September 2012

Swimming ... ah natural


It’s been awhile and my life has been crazy busy over the last couple months. So apologize for not posting on a regular basis.

I have decided to take swimming lessons again. Yes I said again, because I’ve taken lessons numerous times before and made great progress but never got to the place where I feel 100% comfortable jumping into a pool, ocean, or lake. In retrospect, there are a couple of the reasons why I didn’t learn as a child was, first of all neither of my parents swam and I also believe that dealing with a little girl’s chlorine-filled hair once or twice a week was not something my mother was interested in dealing with. I can understand that, I had a lot of hair back then and it was super thick. 

At any rate, I’m here in my 30s, I’m taking swimming lessons for the first time with natural hair. I’ve done a little research and found a great video from Naptural85 (one of my favourite youtubers) on how to protect your tress while swimming.  The key seems to be filling your hair with water and conditioner to keep it moisturized, but also if your strands are already full of goodness, the chlorine will have a harder time penetrating them. I plan to try Napturals85 steps and hopefully my hair will survive my swimming adventures. :-) I’ll keep you all posted.
 

Do you have swimming with natural hair tips? I’d love to hear them.

Blessings and Curls,

B-Curlie

No comments:

Post a Comment